Hi Robox Users,
We’ve got some new features in AutoMaker to let you know about which are around making results match expectation and warning users when Robox cant continue. We’ve also release a new formula of ABS which is making it the material of choice for me right now.
- SurePrint enhancements
- Off-bed model checks occur at project load time
- Prints cannot be started if a model is off-bed
- PLA is ejected if not required during a print with high bed temperatures
- Bed temperature is lowered to PLA levels and raft is enabled if PLA and a different material are in use simultaneously
- Improved post-processor and slicer failure indications
In previous versions the post processor was responsible for checking the sliced model to ensure that head movements were not beyond the ability of Robox, we now check the model before it is sliced to ensure it fits inside the build volume and thus wont generate moves that can’t be performed.
We’ve seen a few Dual Material users printing with PLA and and another materials that need higher temperatures at the same time, this has the potential to cause problems. If the PLA filament gets too hot before it reaches the head it can jam the system, to overcome this and still allow these two materials to be printed together we’ve introduced some automated systems. Firstly, if the PLA was loaded but not used in the print we simply eject it just before the print to ensure it out of the build environment. If PLA is used for the build alongside another hotter material then AutoMaker now uses the PLA target temperature for both the bed and ambient, to ensure that the model sticks to the bed raft is automatically switched on.
AutoMaker check that the combination of the raft thickness and the models height to ensure it still fits into the build volume.
There are a number of checks that the post process does to the sliced model before allowing the print to start, if the print cant continue we now let the user know why whenever possible. This includes when the print exceeds the build volume due to switching on features like spiral printing and brim.
Without taking away options from users we hope that the above features will enable more prints to be successful and less chance of jamming or damaging your Robox.
Since the last release we noticed a few small issues which have also been addressed in this release;
- Fixed macro selection issue – DM macro incorrectly selected in some situations when SM head mounted on dual-extruder printer.
- Settings for Support, Raft, Brim now fit on the screen correctly
- Bed axes move correctly when AutoMaker is resized
- Calibration improvement – prevents apparent leak of nozzle when starting nozzle open calibration (only experienced by a minority of customers)