Topic: 4 colors Robox + support material

RoboxDual Forums Feature Request 4 colors Robox + support material

This topic contains 20 replies, has 8 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of pelgrim pelgrim 1 month, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 21 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Jean-Noel CARMINATI
    Jean-Noel CARMINATI @xmasjohn
    My Robox is a Blue Commercial Version
    France

Hi all,

does anybody know this feature called “THE PALETTE” ?!

It allows to print up to 4 colors with…one head. I let you guys discover the thing.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/mosaic3d/the-palette-3d-printing-evolved

https://www.mosaicmanufacturing.com/

How much effort would this be to implement this “addon” into automaker ?

Cheers.

JnO

Profile photo of pelgrim
    pelgrim @pelgrim
    My Robox is a Green Kickstarter Early Bird
    Belgium, Flanders

*grin*

I know the “official” statement that is coming now …

java (EE), JavaFX, HTML, GIS) programmer, database wizard, framework inventor, looking for a job ! http://roboxing.com/wizards

Profile photo of Henry
    Henry @henry
    Washington State USA

According to their web site you require 4 things for Palette to work with your printer.

1. Can use G code from Cura — Yes
    2. Can use 1.75mm PLA — Yes
    3. Can use non-proprietary filament —  Yes
    4. Have access to the filament feed — Yes

So according to Palette it will work with Robox. I would contact them and ask the question.

Profile photo of BHudson
    BHudson @bhudson
    I have both RoboxDual and other Robox versions
    Arizona, USA

@xmasjohn @henry There is one requirement missing – the ability to print from an SD card. The Palette requires the ability for the printer to upload from that SD card per my understanding. I am still trying to learn how to work mine; the documentation is still pretty minimal, but there is a lot of custom g-code. Based on discussions I have had with Mosaic and CEL, the Robox and Palette are not currently compatible since they both modify the gcode for their own uses.

I haven’t been able to come up with a way to work these two units together yet. Maybe once the documentation is more in depth I can figure something out.

I operate two Betas and four Production Robox.
    I am the US/Canada Technical Support engineer for the Robox.
    See my 3D Hub site at https://www.3dhubs.com/phoenix/hubs/ben

Profile photo of Henry
    Henry @henry
    Washington State USA

They did pass the first test. But you are correct they do lack documentation.

I was wondering how it would work with AM controlling Robox. The Palette software would need to modify the g code coming out of AM or g code would need to come from another source. It will be interesting to see how the communications work between Palette, Robox, and the computer.

I do know that Simplify3D should be available for Robox soon. Looks like you were one of the lucky ones on Tiko.

Profile photo of BHudson
    BHudson @bhudson
    I have both RoboxDual and other Robox versions
    Arizona, USA

@henry My Tiko works, not perfectly, but it does work. I got a three hour print out of it when I stopped using their included PLA and used some good ColorFabb material. I had to design a reel holder for the spool though. I was able to repair the power jack and so far it seems to be working pretty well. It needs tweaking.

If you look at the Tiko community there is a group who have tweaked their printers into operation, so there is promise with the idea and design. It just needs more work to get the kinks out.

I operate two Betas and four Production Robox.
    I am the US/Canada Technical Support engineer for the Robox.
    See my 3D Hub site at https://www.3dhubs.com/phoenix/hubs/ben

Profile photo of Henry
    Henry @henry
    Washington State USA

Yes it looks like some people have figured out how to get good prints out of Tiko, but to late for the company. They are getting ready to fold with 25% or orders filled.

Profile photo of Chris White
    Chris White @chrisyt

@henry Where did this news from Simplify3D come from? they don’t speak to us…

Pallette is a tricky one due to the valves as usual – Cura GCode would need two lots of post-processing, and as very few of our uses have one or are interested in one, it’s just not development worth us pursuing at the moment, sorry.

Profile photo of Henry
    Henry @henry
    Washington State USA

I have  been in contact with Simplify 3D Support and they have told me that they are working on a profile for Robox printer. You  may want to contact them and see how they are doing. I assumed that they were working with you on this endeavor.

Profile photo of pelgrim
    pelgrim @pelgrim
    Belgium, Flanders

Does that mean that 3rd parties are allowed to make software for the robox ?
    No warranties 🙂

java (EE), JavaFX, HTML, GIS) programmer, database wizard, framework inventor, looking for a job ! http://roboxing.com/wizards

Profile photo of Terry Taylor
    Terry Taylor @n6mon
    San Lorenzo, Ca, USA

@henry, I had a profile from S3D about 18 months ago, it did NOT work at all, hopefully they will actually get one working, now, but I am NOT folding my breath.

Terry Taylor

Profile photo of Mika
    Mika @mikka
    Finland

Support from S3D would be awesome. 🙂

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 21 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.