Topic: Emergency Stop

RoboxDual Forums Feature Request Emergency Stop

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of BHudson BHudson 2 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Jonas
    Jonas @svelo
    My Robox is a Blue Commercial Version

A emergency stop button is needed, recently when I was doing a purge the z-axis failed to register that it hit the bed at the start and just drove the whole carriage down into the bed and kept on doing it, there was no way I could stop it, the bed was already hot and and all I could do was to hit the power switch at the back. When turning it back on there was no way I could get the head to move up, the only thing it responded to was the Home button, and when that bed moved with the head planted HARD into the bed I swear to god that was the moment when I was sure that it had seen its last use.

There has to be a Stop button that it instantly obeys, not 1 sec or 1 layer later, the instant you hit everything (but fans) MUST stop in its tracks.

It also needs to obey the movement buttons better, it just sits there and refuses to move anything for some reason.

Profile photo of BHudson
    BHudson @bhudson
    I have both RoboxDual and other Robox versions
    Arizona, USA

@svelo The emergency stop is the power switch.

The motion buttons won’t work until the printer is homed.

This is all by design. I have yet to see a printer seriously damaged by what you describe. The Z motors aren’t strong enough to cause anything more than some minor scarring to the PEI sheet.

I operate two Betas and four Production Robox.
    I am the US/Canada Technical Support engineer for the Robox.
    See my 3D Hub site at https://www.3dhubs.com/phoenix/hubs/ben

Profile photo of Jonas
    Jonas @svelo
    My Robox is a Blue Commercial Version

@bhudson Ah, I thought hitting the power switch was a big “no no” until everything had cooled down. Also good to hear that it cant damage itself too seriously, I got very worried when I heard those motors scream.

Profile photo of BHudson
    BHudson @bhudson
    I have both RoboxDual and other Robox versions
    Arizona, USA

@svelo During normal use, it is not good for the print head to shut down the printer while hot. However, in an emergency, the power switch is the E-stop. Just turn the printer back on so that the head can cool normally. A loss of power for 2-3 minutes will not hurt the print head while hot. It is turning off the printer and leaving the print head hot for a long period of time that causes the issue, especially when done as a habit. Once in a while, for instance on a power failure, will probably not cause a problem.

I operate two Betas and four Production Robox.
    I am the US/Canada Technical Support engineer for the Robox.
    See my 3D Hub site at https://www.3dhubs.com/phoenix/hubs/ben

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.