Topic: Kickstarter is LIVE!

This topic contains 27 replies, has 11 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Pete Pete 6 months ago.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 28 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Pete
    Pete @pete
    I have both RoboxDual and other Robox versions
    CEL HQ Bristol UK

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/robox/root-tree-and-mote-for-robox-micro-manufacturing-p

Root, Tree and Mote.

GO! Get some!

Prepare for new members here also, we’ll be offering discounts on various items outside of Kickstarter which are just for forum members.

For official support please visit www.cel-robox.com/support/ and create a ticket

Profile photo of Omega64
    Omega64 @omega64
    My Robox is a Blue Commercial Version

Very nice video, 4:36 – 4:44 is a great touch of class, shoot a frame whenever the head is at a specific position. 🙂

I wish you great luck with the new campain, it’s a very interesting evolution, although I’m currently not interested in this expansion, I even got my Dual Head kit 4 months ago but I still haven’t been able to find the time to install it. 🙁

I hope I’m back using my Robox soon.. keep the great work Pete, Chris’s, Ian, Simon and all.

Profile photo of Luis Bustamante
    Luis Bustamante @luis-bustamante

Congrats on the new kickstarter. This add ons will be very useful. I’m really looking forward to adding them to my Robox.

But I wish you had added a reward in which I could buy only the software and the stl files for the root and mote with included support for the software as I already have the raspberry and touchscreen required and would actually prefer to print the enclosures rather than have them shipped to me (wasteful and time consuming).

Basically, this would be an option to have the full supported root/mote experience without you shipping anything to the backer, allowing him to source their own components.

Does that make any sense? Would you consider such an option?

Thanks and great work!

Profile photo of Pete
    Pete @pete
    CEL HQ Bristol UK

We will offer lots of extras in the survey after the campaign, just pledge for the main item you want and you will get the option to add practically any of the pledges to it afterwards. I am sure you will be able to easily get the .stl files for the cases once the campaign is done.

For official support please visit www.cel-robox.com/support/ and create a ticket

Profile photo of Luis Bustamante
    Luis Bustamante @luis-bustamante

Great! Thanks. I already pledged 🙂

Profile photo of Ian
    Ian @datman

I have a question as it doesn’t specifically spell it out. Does it connect to the network with a network cable or does it have a wireless access point built in(not sure these are the right terms)?

Thanks

Profile photo of Pete
    Pete @pete
    CEL HQ Bristol UK

Raspberry Pi 3 has built in wifi and also a network port.

Profile photo of Ian
    Ian @datman

Thanks Pete

Profile photo of Simon
    Simon @simonhoult
    I have several commercial Robox units

@pete Well done guys! I don’t think the reaching the target was ever in doubt 😉

STEELMANS 3D PRINT.
    3D Hub: www.3dhubs.com/service/steelmans

Profile photo of Pete
    Pete @pete
    CEL HQ Bristol UK

Thanks all!

Please share the details around, the price for RoboxDual and filament is really quite good.

Profile photo of Microcan
    Microcan @microcan
    My Robox is a Blue Commercial Version

In general I am very positive about CEL, but seriously a Raspberry Pi in a box and a wooden stand.

What about the promised tool heads back in 2013 see the previous kickstarter campaign.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/robox/robox-desktop-3d-printer-and-micro-manufacturing-p

The Robox is still only a 3D printer not a micro-manufacturing platform as intended at its launch.

Can you tell me about launch dates for new tool heads.

Profile photo of Simon
    Simon @simonhoult
    I have several commercial Robox units

@microcan I see where you are coming from but personally I would like to see CEL continue efforts to concentrate on evolving Robox as a 3D printer. Products like the ones in the Kickstarter project are superb but it can continue to improve and add new parts such as different 3D print heads, build surfaces for new materials, plug in accessories to utilise the USB port, filter systems etc.

STEELMANS 3D PRINT.
    3D Hub: www.3dhubs.com/service/steelmans

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 28 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.