Topic: Switch language impossible

RoboxDual Forums Software Switch language impossible

This topic contains 9 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Chris White Chris White 10 months, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of mateo
    mateo @mateo
    My Robox is a Blue Commercial Version
    Germany

Have an Automaker running on a Mac machine. The language is automatically set to the system language, which is German and I cannot change it. In the drop down list there is only the option to have system language. Since the translation is fa away from ideal and also complicates support requests I would like to switch it to English. Howe could I do it without changing my system language?

• This topic was modified 11 months ago by Profile photo of mateo mateo.
    Profile photo of Chris White
    Chris White @chrisyt

@mateo This is already fixed in the next release, but at the moment AutoMaker is only using your default installed language on your chosen OS. There is a temporary workaround until the next release if you wish:

1. Close AutoMaker.
    2. Go to My Documents\CEL Robox (in the home directory on Mac/Linux)
    3. Open the file roboxpreferences.pref in a text editor
    4. Edit the line “languageTag” : “de”, and change to “languageTag” : “en”,
    5. Start AutoMaker. It should now appear in English.
    Profile photo of mateo
    mateo @mateo
    Germany

Perfect! Thanks!

Profile photo of mateo
    mateo @mateo
    Germany

@chrisyt I would like to check, whether my Russian translation is contextually correct and therefore I would need to install the language. How could I integrate the XLS file? Is it possible?

Chris White @chrisyt

@mateo We’ve actually changed to a different service for translations – we still need to update the other post appropriately. It is a cloud service running on our server, and we can provide you with a login for contributing to the Russian translation. Would this be of interest?

We would be very appreciative of any help you can provide, as I’ve just looked and it does seem the Russian translation is somewhat incomplete!

Profile photo of mateo
    mateo @mateo
    Germany

@chrisyt

I would be happy to help with the Russian translation. Moreover, if cel plans to enter east European market (most of ex Soviet Union countries) it is necessarily to provide full and detailed user manual, since, accordingly to my experience and observations, English in those countries is generally very poor. Thus, having Russian documentations is very important factor, influencing purchasing decision of Russian speaking customers.

Chris White @chrisyt

@mateo Great! Our software developer, Ian, will be in touch soon via email to get you set up on the service.

Profile photo of mateo
    mateo @mateo
    Germany

I am now in. Made first iteration going through all files.

Profile photo of mateo
    mateo @mateo
    Germany

Dear @chrisyt

just updated AM and noticed, that the Russian translation has many (over 80%) untranslated labels and controls. If I compare thus state with the language file stored at http://translations.cel-robox.com/ru/ it seems to be that the current AM version does not contain the last version of the language file integrated. So my question is if it is possible to integrate the file manually to control the translation quality.

Secondly if it is possible to use different font (size) for Russian language, as Russian wordings are usually slightly longer, than English and many labels look like thi…. (this).

Chris White @chrisyt

@mateo Sorry for the delayed response – we currently have two development branches of AutoMaker, the release version (2.01.03/2.01.04), and a development version which contains a number of major changes for Root/Mote operation. Any changes that are now being made are being done on the development branch and this will be released as 2.02. The translations you have completed will be included in this version, as well as having the translation files separate so that they can be edited manually for checking.

With regards to font size, this is a change that we are unlikely to make as it is a complex issue and applies to such a large number of places in AutoMaker – many users already complain the text is too small. I’m not sure of the best solution, but an option for now is to abbreviate manually rather than relying on AutoMaker to truncate it. We will look at this in future if it is a major problem, but as of now there are many higher priority issues for development.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.