3D printer software development for Robox® control software AutoMaker™.
CEL produces Robox which is a class leading 3D printer with global reach based in Portishead near Bristol.
Software which controls hardware is very satisfying. Your code won’t disappear into a system which no one ever notices, it will have an immediate and visible impact. The purpose of this software is to transform 3D models into physical objects while monitoring and maintaining the 3D printer hardware. Robox is a tool which makes the creation of physical objects easier.
Initially you will work on our existing AutoMaker™ software. Over the following 24 months there will be additional projects which will evolve robotic manufacturing to the next phase. The knowledge gathered from working with our current software could lead to you heading up the software team for these very exciting future projects.
We have a very highly regarded interface and control system with a clean design and nice luxury features. We need a capable coder who can maintain and develop this software, increasing functionality, adding features and most importantly, ensuring reliability. We would like this person to take control of the software development, ensuring it is able to adapt to the market and continue to get such great responses from the industry and our users.
AutoMaker has been developed using:
- JDK 1.8
- Netbeans IDE
- AWS Hosting
While not essential, useful knowledge and experience would include:
- 3D Printing
- GCode and machine control
- Cura and other slicing engines
- 3D graphics
- Working with graphic artists
- Code signing
- Bitrock installer
You must be able to:
- Produce reliable, quality software to compete in the technology market
- Manage your own time, setting, communicating and meeting deadlines.
- Prioritise feature integration with software iterations and communicate realistic timeframes.
- Test and resolve problems presented from a large user base via a dedicated and experienced support team.
- Manage and deploy a reliable update system.
- Work with existing software and development systems.
- Test software on multiple OS and be able to resolve OS specific problems.
- React quickly to resolve critical problems.
- Demonstrate these abilities.
CEL is a friendly and casual workplace with a great team of talented and inventive people. Our core business is product design so there are always exciting technology projects running. We are about to expand into a very new and exciting venture and we would love the right person to be part of it and grow with us.
Full time, negotiable. Entry to mid level salary available.
Ask questions or apply using this form.